1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff white people like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Mar 19, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Stuff black dudes like: Pompanos.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Aye.

Very weak.

3. SigR

SigR Member

I went back to this site after my initial distaste and actually took the time to click on some of the list entries. It has its moments. The list itself isn't funny, but the description of each individual thing on the list is decent. And even though it's more funny to call it "stuff white people like", it is actually making fun of 20/30-something educated liberal urbanites.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The gag, to me, is that it's unfunny racial humor, just turned on its head.

It's like, see how painfully unfunny this stuff is? Now think about how we feel about Carlos Mencia.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't trust any ... people with pompanos.

7. SigR

SigR Member

Ok, I hate to keep coming back to this thread, but the darn website grew on me. It's damned funny. Teach me to judge a book by its cover.

Some favorites: Sushi, Wes Anderson Movies, and my favorite so far Gifted Children:

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Williamsburg hipster, indeed. The author obviously has spent lots of time in an environment dominated by upper-middle-class, urban liberals because that's his definition of "white people." I am presently surrounded by "white people," and they hate about 95% of the things on that list. I'd like to see the snarky author of that site walk a day in my shoes here in the far-right stronghold that is Cowshitistan. After one day, he'd be wishing for the very bourgeois liberals he finds so contemptible. After a week here, he'd be huddled up in a little ball in a corner, whimpering for someone to bring him tempeh or arugula or an ironic short story. Taint-sniffing little twerp. Anyone who thinks that upper-middle-class liberals are the most compelling target for satire is living in a fucking bubble.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Stuff Educated Black People Like

http://stuffeducatedblackpeoplelike.wordpress.com/

10. So, I have a stick up my ass because I don't think that site is funny? Interesting how many people posting on this site also don't find it funny. I'm not offended by it or anything, I just don't read it and get more than a token chuckle every once in a while.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Does that BLOG! writer post here?

http://stuffeducatedblackpeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/02/28/baked-chicken/

Draft saved Draft deleted