1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff I Like - product reviews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driftwood, Nov 17, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is all good stuff. I use a CPAP machine for apnea and it has made a tremendous difference in my sleep. The entire experience also helped me get into better sleep habits in general. Not getting enough sleep screws up our bodies in so many ways. Fatigue messes up how we think and how we function physically.

Any decent insurance policy should cover the sleep study and the CPAP. One thing you have to do is use the thing. If I don't use mine often enough, insurance will stop covering it. No problem there. I think I've gone without it a total of one or two nights in over two years I've had the machine.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Is your CPAP on IOT? Or do you have to bring it in for them to download the data?

I'm far from a Luddite, but some of the online presence anymore makes me queasy. My wife and I both have an app on our phones that runs GPS location, so if needed we know where the other is. I got an email from the app offering to send me a summary of how our driving habits were. I don't have a crazy teenager driving my car, I know about our habits... but then the question becomes are they selling that data to insurance companies? Is this in a database they review when making a rate offer? Was there permission to do so buried behind the "click to enter" fine print?

It's dumb but I resist in small ways. I'm not sure why I bother. Hell, they probably know what brand of underwear I wear.

My wife wears hers faithfully. To be honest, I should probably get a sleep study done.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I like my Polo boxer briefs a little more than my Calvin Klein boxer briefs. Don't hate me.

Lowa hiking boots

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm all about Patagonia boxers.

Patagonia Men's Essential Boxers

Yeah, they're $32 a pair. But if you wait until end of season sales you can get them for $12.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Duluth Trading Buck Naked Boxers, expensive too but always on sale. I got some for $15 this week.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've checked these out but have never pulled the trigger. Are they pretty nice? Why are they worth the price?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I've been a ProV1 guy for so long, I don't think I'll ever change. Just the one part of my (mediocre) game that I don't worry about. Titleist's buy 3 doz/get 1 free deal every spring usually takes care of me for the season and brings the price down to under $35 per dozen. As for visibility, a couple friends swear by the yellows.

8. Moderator1

Hard to explain until you've wrapped your boys in a pair. Incredible comfort, close to a commando feeling.

I told this on another thread on a similar topic. My son won a sales contest, got a gift card there. Figured he could really load up. Nope, four pair at full price.
    He called me and said, "Dad, these things are life changing. LIFE CHANGING." I said dude, it is underwear. He said: Trust me.

So I bought a couple pair and he was right.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Any preference between the Buck Naked and the Buck Naked Relaxed? The relaxed fit looks more like traditional boxers.

10. Moderator1

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I forgot how good Peter Pan honey roasted peanut butter was.

wicked likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoyed my Mustangs; got to say my Japanese cars (Toyota (2), Infiniti, Mazda).

Draft saved Draft deleted