1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studio 60

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Aug 10, 2006.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Great show. Bad title. Looking forward to it, and same with 30 Rock. Why do all of NBC's shows have to have numbers in their title? I guess "The Nine" is on ABC. Goes back to the "227" days, or maybe Car 54.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm still finding it very curious that they green-lighted BOTH this and the Tina Fey show for the same season. Sounds like the same subject, even if it will be treated differently.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

OK, so how did Sarah Paulson fare in the pilot? If she could convince us viewers that her Miss Isringhausen in Deadwood S2 could con Al Swearengen ("I wish I had five like her"), she's got some chops.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks. Definitely worth a read for Sorkin fans and one more thing convincing me I'm going to like this show. I just hope it's West Wing good rather than Sports Night good (as in I loved it, but not enough others did so it went off the air way too soon)

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'm watching the "west wing" season 2 dvd as we speak. incredible stuff. 8) 8) 8)

can't wait for sorkin's new show. ;D ;D ;D

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Looks like there is a lot based on Sorkin's life in Matthew Perry's character. According to Wikipedia (for what that's worth), the ex-girlfriend of Perry's character on the show is based on Kristin Cheynoweth (sp?), who Sorkin used to date. And with that last bit, my admiration for Sorkin grows.

Draft saved Draft deleted