1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studio 60 (12/4)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Thanks, Jake. Thought I wasn't alone in being a heartless bastard....

IJAG, I don't ever recall McKinney being introduced - besides, when Ricky and Ronny left they said the only two staying were the British chick and the new guy. So where'd McKinney come from, if "everyone" left?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

He was called in as a favor to Matt, I think. He was about 50 percent of the storyline a week or two ago. He came in, basically yelled at the two writers left, convinced Matt to give them some leash to learn, and then decided to stick around.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

geez, zzzz-man, you lost a lot of credibility there.

best episode by far. still no "west wing," but highly watchable tv.

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

That writer was definitely introduced, hard to figure how if you watched every episode you could have missed that. I will agree that I'm surprised by how affected people were by the jazz band scene. It was a great scene but I was far from feeling goosebumps or in tears... I just haven't connected enough with the characters to be really, truly moved by the show. Nice scene though, no doubt.

5. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Wait, let me get this straight: I lose "credibility" on an anonymous message board because you disagree with my opinion?

RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT....

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

McKinney was THE highlight from the episode two weeks ago ...

“Stand right there for another minute”
    “Why?”
    “For the metaphor”
    (Door slams in writer's face)

“I don’t find anything funny”

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

McKinney's a welcomed addition to the cast. You wonder, though, if they will keep him long-term.

8. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Then they screwed up in the writing when Ricky and Ronny left - because I just re-checked the DVR and found that, yes, they did in fact leave at the end of the episode and said ALL the writers, save the British chick and the new guy, were going with them.

Poor writing... not up to Sorkin's standards.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

You aren't getting it.

Did you see the episode two weeks ago titled, "B-12"? The one where everyone on the cast was suffering from the flu? He was introduced during that episode to help mentor the British chick and the new guy.

Nothing ever said he was a part of the writing staff when Ricky and Ronnie left.

I don't know how much clearer anyone can make it.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Zizz --

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The new writer was introduced after the episode where Ricky and Ron left, as numerous people have said.

Matt and Danny had a conversation about bringing him on, alluding to troubles he had with his wife, IIRC.

This wasn't sprung on anyone.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

McKinney wasn't on the staff then. He was brought in as a free-lance consultant to help the two writers left behind. It was also, as Perry's character said a "mitzvah" in last week's episode.
    He was then asked to stay on for one more week and he did, which was this past episode.
    McKinney also serves as the story editor in real-life on the show, so I'd think he would know what his character was doing.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

zizzer

you lost credibility because you claimed to have seen every ep yet missed mckinney. not because you didn't like the last ep. i couldn't care less about your opinion of the ep. if i like something, someone else's opinion means nothing to me.

just don't claim to be a person who's seen it all and then whiff on a pretty significant plot line. that, my friend, goes to -- how you say? -- CREDIBILITY.

thanks for playing, though. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted