1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studio 60 (12/4)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'll join the choir.
    Best show this season.
    The Santa/To Catch a Predator was very good.
    The whole thing with the New Orleans jazz band was inspired.
    I'm now searching for the photo that said All I want for Christmas is my city back.
    And the bit about about Danny going after Jordan should, wait for it ... setup the rest of the season nicely.
    Now I'm trying to decide if this was something special or more of what I should expect in 2007.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I, too, loved the jazz group. So much so, I wish they could have been a more prevalent part of the show. It was an interesting storyline.

I guess it's hampered by the fact that their not actors, so keeping lines to a minimum was a good idea (Trombone Shorty is a helluva musician, but his acting was only passable) and that was more storyline with the musical guest than they've ever had.

Very good episode, though. I only wish we could see the entire Santa/To Catch a Predator sketch. That was a great idea.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

FYI ... this episode will re-air on Monday, Dec. 18.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

If the hiatus for Heroes is any indication, at least five weeks, maybe six.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Off next week ... then an encore of last night's show on the 18th. I would imagine it'll be back on Jan. 8 or maybe Jan. 15.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Emmy voters, I humbly submit this episode. Best yet.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I rarely play this card....

but if the Emmys aren't swept by The Wire, it is blatant racism.

8. NBC.com has the episode up now

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/?show=studio60

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Thank you.

10. The santa giving the Nazi salute was funny and not sure if anyone caught it but in order for the Trombone Shorty band to be on - the skit "Immaculate My Ass!" was cut from the show.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I get the sneaking feeling that Weber went to the writers after 2-3 episodes and softly told them, "You really need to do something to make my character a LITTLE bit sympathetic." And thing is, if he did, I'm glad. There's a lot more depth to his character now.

Kick-ass episode ... the type of thing I imagined when I first heard this was coming from Sorkin. I'm glad I didn't write it off early like some others.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He really switched gears when Jordan said she was pregnant. You could see him softening toward her.

Asner's character scores points with me each time he's on screen.

Draft saved Draft deleted