1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studio 60 (12/4)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. tommyp

tommyp Member

I watched this for the first time last night, but only caught the last half hour. Even though I didn't know any of the characters or much about the storyline, that song at the end caused my eyes to leak.

Having said that, I would have really liked to have seen a little less focus on the romantic relationships. I know you have to try and appeal to the masses, but I felt as though I was watching a chick flick.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Asner's still got it, at least in small doses. And Sorkin may be known for that fast, back-and-forth dialogue, but his ability to make speeches like the one Asner made work is one of the things that keeps me coming back to watch anything he writes.

I really felt like I was seeing the show hit its stride last night. I just hope it doesn't get too bogged down in the Matt-Harriet and Danny-Jordan stuff. I loved the way they played it last night. I laughed out loud when Matt planted one on Harriet and I smiled all through Danny's speech with Jordan. Moments like that are entertaining. The question is where do you take it from there.

By the way, is the show off next week? If so, when is it back on?

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I hate my Tivo.

Off to iTunes.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nobody that bastard ran out of onions by the time he hit my house. But the sumbitch turned the heat off, because I got chill bumps.

5. You know that you can watch the latest episode for free on NBC.com - right?

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I went there and it said 'video not found.' I clicked on parts 1-5 and it wouldn't play.

It's only $2.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wouldn't suggest it, there's an ad at the top of the page that keeps flickering, thought it was going to give me a seizure.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Wow. I'll echo everyone else's thoughts ... excellent show and probably best yet. The Dateline spoof had me rolling, especially the spot-on Chris Hanson impression.

Weber's character continues to grow on me, and I like his interaction with Jordan as of late.

9. Last minute shopping.
    http://www.tromboneshorty.com/

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I hadn't watched in 3 weeks. I clicked over last night because I was bored by the game. Good show. Really good. Despite my earlier comments.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Dateline spoof was funny.

I loved the setup of "I'm twice divorced with a cocaine problem...", but didn't like the payoff of "... because I'm coming for you."

Loved the background of "All I want for Christmas is my city back."

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

My wife sent an email to the Tipitina Foundation this morning, asking if she could purchase a copy of the version from "O Holy Night" from last night's show, and they sent her one back saying it will be available free on iTunes tomorrow. Think we may snag that, and give $20 to the foundation as a thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted