1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studio 60 (12/4)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Great, great Chris Hanson spoof....

Paulson awful again.

Asner and Weber come up big.

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Loved the New Orleans bit at the end. The musician, for those who care, was Trombone Shorty. He's absolutely ridiculously good. He's only 20 years old and is thought already as a musical genius. Heard his set at this past year's JazzFest, it was tremendous.

Good episode.

3. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

"I've been married twice, I'm a recovering cocaine addict . . . and I know that doesn't sound good, but . . . "

All while Jordan has a wad of sandwich in her mouth the size of a Goose Gossage chaw.

A great, great scene.

West Wingers, BTW, will remember the "O Holy Night" touch tonight from the Whiffenpoofs in Season 4's "Holy Night" episode. Back then I couldn't imagine anyone doing the song better. Tonight, it was better.

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Somebody put a raw onion in front of my face, apparently, when the kid was playing O Holy Night.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

That Dateline spoof was the best sketch they've done on the show by far. Solid effort tonight, I feel like Michael Corleone... every time I think I'm done with this show, it pulls me back in.

6. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Yeah, I enjoyed that spoof as well. If only the real SNL could be that creative.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Excellent episode. Maybe the best thus far.

And the musical performance was absolutely beautiful.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm just getting sappy as I get older, but that was one of the most moving things I've seen on TV, maybe ever. For all of Sorkin's misses, and there have been several with this show, this was was like a 600 foot homerun. Tears. Real tears. It's amazing what music can do, isn't it?

Thomas Schlamme is the guy who made it happen, apparently. Check out the story:

http://www.nola.com/living/t-p/walker/index.ssf?/base/living-0/1165129074130860.xml&coll=1

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Every week I think the same thing: "How can nobody be watching this show?"

And the Dateline spoof gave me probably my biggest laugh in a month.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I feel like this show has been looking for its moment. Y'know, the Sorkin moment, the "You can't handle the truth!" moment, the "I am the Lord thy God" Bartlet moment. I think it just had it. God damn, that was fantastic.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

And yeah, that bastard did it to me too. Bastard, with his onion...

12. Hey, one of the best Ed Asner scenes since "I hate spunk!"
    And Trombone Shorty is a damn genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted