1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student journalism advocate dies

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bob Cook, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070108/LOCAL/701080420

Louis Inglehart created Ball State's journalism school, and helped to found the Student Press Law Center. He was an advocate for high school and college journalism students in Indiana and throughout the nation.

2. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

I wonder if Whitlock knew him?
    Jason? You there?

3. Pops

Pops Member

I'll leave the "boom goes the dynamite" crack to someone else ...

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Did he try to talk young Gene Policinski into another line of work besides newspapers? If he did, then he's my hero.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

For better or worse, Ball State's J-school budged the needle.

RIP.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When I was a mere student journalist, the Student Press Law Center helped me out with some very good advice at a time when I and my paper desperately needed it. Nothing but good things to say about that outfit, and I'm very glad people like Mr. Inglehart got the center going. Without it, we wouldn't have known what our legal options were (and, unofficially, I got some very good ideas about working the rumor mill that made a good number of student government types squirm). Possibly the only time in my alma mater's history that the editor of the campus newspaper was the BMOC because he not only knew where all the bodies were buried, but knew who buried them and had a map to the grave sites. ;D

RIP, Mr. Inglehart.

Draft saved Draft deleted