1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student films roommate having sex, puts it online; roommate commits suicide

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

There's still 11 hours for someone to top this, but here's today's Worst Story of the Day.

Rutgers student secretly records his roommate having sex - gay sex! tee-hee, tee-hee - and then livestreams it. Talks about it on his Twitter page. Few days later, the roommate jumped off the George Washington Bridge.

http://gawker.com/5651050/how-a-college-kid-livestreamed-his-roommate-having-gay-sex-possibly-causing-a-suicide

The kid who did the taping has been charged for planting the webcam, as has one of his female friends who lived next door.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's awful.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Not to be glib, but this has been a busy week for the GW Bridge and jumpers.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nd_gordon_goner_M7FpAxXd0NYvNRLknrHEhJ -- jumper was on Kitchen Nightmares and is the second person that appeared on a Gordon Ramsey show to commit suicide.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Read that asshole's twitter.

Jesus, is this what colleges are producing?

Bored stoners who get kicks from outing their roommates?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When I was growing up, Eddie Haskell was the stereotypical jerk.

We've really come a long way. :'(

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Makes me long for the days when the only college kid who had access to a video camera was the ones who worked at the campus TV station.

I'm still waiting for the Twitter craze to end. Then again, I was the one who thought texting and ring tones would be fads. :D

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Weirdly enough, I've only ever watched one or two episodes of that show, and I'm pretty sure I saw that guy's episode. IIRC, his main problem was he was serving these enormous portions, so he was basically giving away two meals for the price of one every time. Well, main problem restaurant-wise.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The college fucker needs to hang...

Is this the Ramsay guy, heavyset, dumpy and seemed dense?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's worse than that. What the fuck kind of world has this become?

10. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I really can't believe this is what we, or our children, have become. But it is. Or maybe these are our little brothers and sisters. But in my case, these could be my children. And if my child was behind this, he would hang. No absolution. No pity. You are a reprehensible human being and must suffer the consequences.

But then that's been the case with mine from Day 1. Know the rules. Play by them (often even at your own detriment, and in the short term it seemingly is a detriment), but understand that a life well lived, peaceful and calm and loving is its own reward. If it isn't, I steered you wrong. But I tried, and I love you.

It's time to bring back the idea that people's private lives are ... well ... private. And I hope those who see ordinary lives as an opportunity for public humiliation die a painful death. Every day. For eternity.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

First report of this I saw it didn't mention the gay thing. For me that changes a little about how I feel about it.

It's a shitty and terrible thing to do no matter what, but maybe a prank gone horribly wrong if he's with a girl. With a guy? It's fucking with someone's life in a way that's beyond horrifying.

12. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

What's so hard about telling the roomie, "Sorry bro, this is a 'no fucking zone,' so go get a motel,' " and leave it at that.
    Been, there done that.
    Go get it in a bathroom if you have to. Or at his/her place.

But damnit, I have to sleep in the bottom bunk, and I don't want that S---dripping down on me.

OK, I just channeled myself from 27 years ago. And yeah, my roomie was A) my best friend, and B) active with the "Christian" girls.

Draft saved Draft deleted