1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuck in the hell of a virtual waiting room

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

For 36 minutes, I have been watching my internet service fail, seen 'cannot reach server' more than a handful of times, and am now watching two different computers count down from 30 seconds, refresh, then count down from 30 seconds again, all with no hope of actually letting me buy tickets.

I'm going on less than 2 hours of sleep. Anyone want to keep me from murdering someone?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The key to getting tickets through the virtual waiting room is to open as many windows as possible. I know a guy who opened 20 or 30 windows when the Cubs were in the NLCS and was able to buy his tickets in five or ten minutes.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Any time I try to open a new one on the same computer, this fucking team's system says 'Please be patient and wait for us to reload your screen' and won't open a second one.

I've lost connection three mroe times on my desktop. My wireless is fine, and I'm in the ticket window, but every time I click, I either get 'there are not seats of that quantity in the section you are selecting' (um, best available?) or "we cannot process due to the high demand." Then it kicks me back out into the waiting room. Look, I'm in the ticket-buying queue or I'm not. This in and out for an hour and 2 minutes bullshit has me ready to crack.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

No.

I'm rather pro-homicide lately.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

REDRUM. REDRUM.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Let one of us do it for you?

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I could pay someone for some light hitman work. Anyone interested should PM me with bids.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Wait a second...take all illegal activity off my thread! I will not be arrested because of you vagrants!

(UT, expect a PM from me :D)

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I was talking about buying tickets for IJAG, not hitman services, UTshooter.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

New moderator's a weenie, folks.

:)

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And one hour, 45 minutes later, and even with J_D's help, the game is sold out, I'm screwed and exhausted.

Good night folks, and I only wish I could wish this team horrible fates. However, I can't. So I shall just stay pissed and sink lower.

Draft saved Draft deleted