1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuck in Philly...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I echo South Street. Shit, Mark, if you're flying home, you could rent a car and drive there in less than 8 hours. And that's after stopping at Breezewood!

2. I've never been on a flight on US Airways that hasn't been delayed. Our departing flight from DFW to LGA was delayed four hours, but luckily they transferred our ticket to American, and it was non-stop. We left an hour later and got to LGA earlier.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Tony Luke's on Oregon St. for cheesesteaks. Best. In. Philly. If you've got too much time to kill, hit Atlantic City, just a shuttle ride away.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

That could work.
    It is Philly. The floors are probably very dirty.
    Do you have a car to get to Jersey?
    I like where this is going.
    Could be your best bet.

I would actually suggest going into the Chinatown there and getting a nice meal. They have some good places there despite its small size.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There's a steakhouse in Philly that has what Esquire called "The best burger in America"

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place, but the burger may have been the single best piece of food I have eaten in my entire life...

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Awaiting Jones . . .

7. markvid

markvid Guest

update...I was trying to get to Elmira-closest airport to where my wife and kids are staying with her parents. We are driving home to Pittsburgh tomorrow night...4-hour drive, but Avis and National were sold out and others were at least $200 because of one-way and low availability.
    However...I made a 4:30 to Binghamton and my wife can pick me up here...40 minutes longer drive than Elmira...but I made it.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I definitely agree with Jim's. That or any place that chops up the meat pretty good. Also, there's a restaurant on South St. (the name escapes me) that used to be the birthplace of Larry Fine, of Three Stooges fame. Can't miss it, especially with the giant mural of old Porcupine. Not a bad place at all. South St. is a pretty fun place.

Oh, if you're going there from Broad Street, the part of South St. you want to go to is on the east side, closest to the Delaware.

9. part-timer

part-timer Member

Still does live in South Jersey, running crappy golf courses on top of everything else.
    Mutter museum?

10. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Ah, the Mutter (pronounced Moo-ter) Museum. Good times, unless you're an exhibit.

11. part-timer

part-timer Member

I thought he meant Mummer.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Barclay Prime?

Draft saved Draft deleted