1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

StubHub help needed, please.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You have absolutely the worst luck in the world, Mikey.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This was a last resort, Ben. I wanted four tickets to the Orioles-Yankees game during the last series at Yankee Stadium. I don't live close enough to the park to wait and get them on the street, and one ticket is/was for my ex-girlfriend's birthday present in June, another for my grandma's in August, and the third was a Christmas gift to my dad. Well worth the fees, in my opinion, to make three people happy.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm not even supposed to be here today.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

More power to you, honestly. I don't have enough wheeler-dealer in me to hold my own with the street guys, plus I much prefer having tickets in my hand well before gameday.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Like I said, I've never had any problem with StubHub (or TicketExchange) when it comes to actually getting the tickets in my hand. Just wish the games didn't "sell out" so quickly -- especially when there are 10K empty seats ::) -- and force you to go the StubHub route.

Can't say I disagree. It's fun, and I can usually find a good deal. ... But even if you do pay as much as you would on StubHub, at least the money's going only to the seller. Not to the third-party douchebags.

But like playthrough, I don't like pressing my luck on gameday unless I have to.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's all relative. If I can get a quality location at what I project will be a reasonable price in advance, I'll bite. But if not, I'll take my chances in the bourse . . . and, like, with baseball, I'm not averse for letting a half-inning or so go by, when the sellers start getting really desperate.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I really envy you there. I get antsy if I'm not in my seat by the national anthem and sure as hell can't miss first pitch/kickoff/tipoff. But you can score tickets for, what, 50 percent off face value by going in late? More? Damn.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The non-pro sellers get especially antsy after the game's begun. That's where the real bargains are. It pays to stay cool. Even at a place like Wrigley, on a nice day, there are tons of tickets for sale, overhanging the market. It usually pays to stay calm, and wait the bastards out.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I just used it for the first time for tickets to tomorrow's Royals-Sox game. Got the tix for under face.. my problem was the "required" fed-ex over night delivery. Sometimes you need it, some times you don't.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

StubHub guarantees you get your tickets or they get you ones of equal or lesser value, or a refund. So they owe you a refund. Read the fine print and push the issue. There is nothing they can do.

My tickets were delivered to the address one time and it took a lot of pushing but I finally got the refund.

Draft saved Draft deleted