1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuart Scott to undergo chemo treatments....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Backyardigan, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why the need to tell us whether you like him or not? The man is sick why not just a get well Stewie?

If you get hit by a bus tomorrow do you want to be reading things like "Alley Allen is a real dickhead but I hope he gets better fast" ?

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, I bet he never says "Man, fuck those guys" to the doctors. Get well soon.

3. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

here's to a fast recovery, years of good health and a quick return to work for Stu

4. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

And maybe some of his spoken word poetry to soon follow...

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I hope Stu recovers, and keeps an eye on his health.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It's amazing how many times an unrelated health problem or accident will lead to the discovery of cancer. My brother's cancer was discovered after a serious car accident.

Prayers and well-wishes for a speedy recovery.

7. I had never heard of a malignant appendix, so that was a new thing to me. I neither like or dislike him, but his eye always drive me nuts. Hopefully he recovers fully.

I do enjoy watching his deadpan on "Stump the Schwab" though.

8. That is why I did not use that headshot in posting about him. I used a picture from the ESPN media zone and cropped a headshot that, to me, looked a little better (it was actually taken in mid-November).

Edit: Urghh, the image tag is not working for me. The headshot is part of his posted profile (and please note the profile has grammatical errors because it is posted as ESPN published it...).

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wow. That's fucked up, man. I can't believe it took this place an hour to pick up on it.

10. I know Stuart as he got his start in Myrtle Beach for a local television station. Nice guy, but he does carry that act a little too much. Wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I thought he was pretty good on Stump the Schwab too.

Hope for speedy recovery.

12. Gold

Gold Active Member

I think this sort of thing might cause people to evaluate an attitude and think a little more.

His schtick and routine isn't something I'm crazy about, but you know what? While it may be a little annoying (or even quite annoying), he's not hurting anybody.

I used to like Chris Berman, because we are about the same age and I got a kick out of some of the references. However, when it goes on long enough it is schtick and that is the problem.

Good luck and good health, Mr. Boo-Yah.

Draft saved Draft deleted