1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuart Scott = Garbage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDub, Feb 4, 2007.

1. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Mark Schlereth is a big fan of the National Football League even in retirement. Heck, he's got a job talking about it. When he played offensive line for the Denver Broncos, they were able to win the American Football Conference twice and become the champions of the National Football League twice. This type of insight places Mark ahead of other commentators, especially of sports like Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League — Mark cares for none of these.

Today, he'll watch the Super Bowl when the American Football Conference takes on the National Football Conference for the National Football League's honor of being Super Bowl Champions. Mark knows this is quite an accomplishment.

Dude... USE abbreviations... we know what you mean when you say N-F-L!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Threadjack of sorts.
    Am inside my office working on my basketball poll, when Ms. Slappy asks me to come into the living room, where she's watching a replay of Friday's General Hospital.
    "Who is the guy playing a reporter?" she asks...

It's Screamin' A Smith, shoving a tape recorder in a guy's face and asking questions very calmly..

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

That how he used to be before he got all famous.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The guy on TV pushed his hand out of the way and said "get outta here..." Art imitates life...

5. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Stuart Scott is the best colorful host in the game.

Where do you think Rich Eisen learned his craft from?

you betta recognize.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It figures..

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Colts! Boo-Yah!

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not getting into the good/not good argument of Stewey. Don't like his schtick, never had anything but good interaction with him. Didn't much like "fuck these guys," which is why he's basically ripped all the time on here. Can't argue that point.

But I must say: I turned on the TV today about 1 and the outfit he had on was nothing short of hideous. Someone in wardrobe needs to be fired and fired soon.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

What was this? I missed the "f you guys." What happend with this, Mod? :)

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Ray Lewis Super Bowl. After the mob hit Ray with a bunch of questions about the murders, Stewey commiserated with him. "Man, fuck those guys," he said.

Well, we're THOSE GUYS and we didn't much like it.
    He's one of us and he wants to be one of them.

Too bad. Good guy, at least was before he became a personality.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ah, I see. I forgot, Stewey is 'down.' What a shmuck.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As I said on another thread.. complaints can be emailed to fuckemdog@booyah.com

Draft saved Draft deleted