1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stringer needed for Division III softball championships

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by uconn98, May 18, 2011.

1. uconn98

uconn98 New Member

The (Norwich, Conn.) Bulletin is looking for a freelancer to cover the Division III softball tournament in Salem, Va. We are a morning daily in eastern Connecticut.

Our school is Eastern Connecticut State University. It will be playing Christopher Newport starting at 6:30 p.m., Friday.

Fee is $75/day, which involves a gamer and notebook. If ECSU plays more than once in a day, then it will be just one gamer (with a short note about the first game) plus a notebook. We'll have a photographer, so all you need to do is the reporting. We will put you in touch with the ECSU SID. Our deadlines will be 10:30 p.m.

Because this is not my usual ID, I won't be checking this one as often for PMs. Please e-mail me at bgirasoli@norwichbulletin.com with interest/clips or for information.

Thanks,
    Brian Girasoli
    Asst. Sports Editor
    Norwich Bulletin

(edit to include more info)

2. uconn98

uconn98 New Member

Filled ... thank you. Mods, feel free to delete.

3. Carl Dubois

Carl Dubois New Member

I think your guy was our guy, and he just told me about a family emergency that will keep him from covering the tournament. He was going to help both of us. I am going to update my post and hope for a lucky break that helps both of us.

Draft saved Draft deleted