1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strike a pose: Charles Woodson named AP NFL Defensive POY

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jan 12, 2010.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I have no problem with Rex Ryan. Ya, he's an asshole like his old man. But also like his Buddy, he seems to know what the fuck he's doing as a defensive coach and motivator. If Sanchez progresses, the Jets are gonna make some noise the next few years.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Zag and I fight, but I laughed at that.

As for Rex Ryan, I guess I'm on both sides. Yes, what he said was sort of entertaining and I like a loose cannon around to stir things up.

But the loose cannon in this case can go fuck himself when it comes to his whiny bullshit.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love what Rex Ryan said. He was defending his guy. Good for him.

Woodson still deserved the award.

I have a feeling Revis will win once or twice before all is said and done.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Bengals also sat two or three starters on defense in Week 17. I'm sure they also went with a game-plan that wasn't going to give too much away. They laid down, too.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

How can you say that? the Colts would have beaten them easy, and they would have missed. Beating the Bengals proves little. Do you doubt that Houston or Pittsburgh could have beaten them? Sometimes you get a gift, and you just say thank you and enjoy it.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

The Colts only had a 15-10 lead before they sat down most of their starters and Shonn Greene started to beat up their defense.

I still think the game was a toss up.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Colts sat some starters who normally would have played for the entire game. They had the lead and the ball and the only reason they were within five was a kickoff return for a touchdown.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ryan is a nice joker card in the mix among staid NFL head coaches, but the guy does more talking than any coach should. He talked trash every week as coach of a sub-.500 team (until they got it together, and then talked more trash), mocked the Dolphins' injuries and didn't know his team was still mathematically alive in the playoffs. And anyone who doesn't think he'd be at home eating if the Colts had decided to give it the old college try isn't looking at the situation properly.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You are delusional if you think that the Colts wouldn't have won that game, and I'll say that even if the Jets win this weekend (I doubt they will).

It's nice to hear the Anti-Rex talk here. In NY/NJ he is worshipped - unprofessionalism plays well with the faithful.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The only thing I'll say about Rex Ryan is his players love him......now.

Four or five years from now, I think that his tough guy stuff and his loud mouth will wear thin and players will start to grow tired of him.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Buddy's act wore thin after five years and his players loved him as much as ever after he'd been canned. But Buddy wouldn't always play the clown like he seems to want to do.

Either he's very smart or very dumb. He's been fucking with people since his earliest pressers.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Say what you want about his act, but like I heard from someone on another board, all of the focus seems to be on him, defelecting attention away from his rookie QB.

That's a good thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted