1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Strictly Platonic'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 29, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Stopped watching the show a couple years ago, but one of those guys is her brother and the rest want to nail her.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Back in the day, I was friends with a lot of my friends' girlfriends, because they were off limits romantically, making conversation easier. Other than that, was scared shitless to talk to women out of the blue.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Hey, I always had more guy friends when I was growing up. Guys were always into things that I liked more than the girls were -- music, sports, video games. I was a cute girl but all the guys wanted to hook up with my best friend. It was fine with me because I dated guys outside our circle.

It was funny when I ran into a bunch of my friends at a bar a couple of years after high school and they couldn't believe how 'girlie' I was. Meaning, I was still the same person, but now I apparently knew how to flirt.

5. Mizzougrad96

No absolutes, but after I fell victim to it, most of the times I watched someone else doing it, the same was true.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If you don't count women in the workplace, I have either dated or wanted to date all of the women with whom I'm friends.
    And you'd have to count some of the women from the workplace, since I have dated or wanted to date many of them.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I don't think anything Chris Rock has ever said is truer than this.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Off the thread subject, but this Rock line from about eight years back was one of his best:

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.'"

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

How many times is Mizzou going to use the disclaimer "no absolutes" before making an idiotic absolute statement that multiple posters then subsequently disprove? Just sayin'. ;D

(For the record, I don't trust any woman who has more girl friends than guy friends.)

10. Mizzougrad96

I'm trying not to piss off IJAG. :D

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't know about distrusting them, but a woman's female friend can definitely cause as much, if not more, trouble than her guy friends.

12. Mizzougrad96

True, but more often than not it's not because they're trying to have sex with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted