1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strasburg

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 8, 2010.

1. Pimping your blog? Really Moddy? Really?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not a sell-out. About a thousand short, I believe.

Also, I nearly sent for an ambulance after the 7th inning. I was sure Moddy had kicked it. Even way up top where the wife and I sat, you could feel the place damn near shake. A poor man's RFK back in its heyday maybe. Either way, it was one of the most electric atmospheres I've ever been a part of. Damn glad I decided to go at the last minute.

Lots of people are already throwing out the "well, this certainly can't last" and "he could blow out his elbow with that curve", but hell, I'm still enjoying last night. We can worry about that stuff later. That was one amazing evening at Nats Park. Who would think anyone would ever say THAT?

3. JackReacher

I believe it goes...at Cleveland, home White Sox, at Baltimore, at Atlanta. I think.

Maybe a home game against KC mixed in there.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Road, home, road for the next three. I have tix to two of three in Baltimore and miss him. SF comes in right before the break and I'm hoping he lines up with Lincecum but I don't think that works.

Capacity is 41,888. They called crowd about 800 less than that but some are claiming it WAS sold out. I had a bet with a friend it would sell out and I lost based on number. It had to be higher than 41,888.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You does what you gotta does, Chris. It's been in my sig for quite a while now.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Love how he can spin a wicked curveball then blow a 99 MPH past you. And yeah, that last inning was incredible. LaRoche had no chance in that last AB trying to swing at high heat.

Question: Where can I order a well done Strasburger? I'm assuming it's on the menu somewhere in D.C.

7. JackReacher

The Hotel Strasburg has the original Strasburger, but apparently The Burger Joint and Glory Days are putting a Strasburger on the menu as well. Steinburg bogged it last night, I think. Maybe early this morning.

8. I was just as impressed as everyone else and enjoyed watching every pitch he threw. But something in the back of my head keeps asking how he'll fare against 3-4-5 batters like Ludwick, Pujols and Holliday or Utley, Howard and Werth (although that may not be that difficult right now) as opposed to Lastings Milledge, Garret Jones and Delwyn Young. I think it's good to be excited, but the fact that it was the Pirates has to carry some weight. The Nationals did a great job of putting him in a situation where he can succeed and build some confidence as well as build some hype for their club and sell some tickets. But there's a lot of guys in the big leagues who can turn around a 99 mph fastball.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The fastball while impressive isn't the out pitch. The 90 mph changeup and the nasty curve are what will get people out.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Is a 90 MPH change up even a change up?

Henry Rowengardner throws a 39 mph change up --- is that a change up?

11. JackReacher

No it doesn't.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So when does ESPN begin the Countdown to Free Agency for Stephen Strasburg?

Draft saved Draft deleted