1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strasburg

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 8, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Strained flexor tendon.
    No fucking idea what that means.

Ray Knight said on postgame he didn't think that was too bad "unless it pulled from the bone."

Then you're fucked.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Everything you need to know about flexor tendons

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00015

3. Moderator1

My head hurts, my feet stink - and I do love Jee-SUS.
    So boil it down for me.
    Should I be breathing a sigh of relief or shitting bricks?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

As long as it's not torn, you're OK. But it probably is still wait til next year.

5. Moderator1

Someone on a Nats board noted this is what did in Shawn Hill and John Patterson - so if they're right, FUCK.
    I'm all for babying at this point. See you in the spring Jee-SUS.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yup. Gotta shut him down.

His reaction to that sharp pain, whatever it was, couldn't have been worse. Sucks, too, cause he was on track for 8+ innings.

Oh well. Off to see our Cuban silly tomorrow at Potomac. Maybe he'll cheer me up a little.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

People willingly go to the Pfitz?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Juding by today's attendance, not many. We got there about 45 minutes early and there were *maybe* 50 people in the stands. Some P-Nats guy came up to my wife and I and upgraded us to right behind the plate, front row, for nothing. So that was nice. Well worth the $10/ticket we paid.

That said, Maya looked *really* good through 3 innings. Fastball low to mid 90s with a filthy breaking ball. Apparently, a blister started bothering him and he got absolutely abused in the 4th for 5 hits and 5 runs.

He'll make his next start in AAA Syracuse.

It's been several years since I've been to that stadium. Beer and food prices are just a notch below Nats Park. Not by much. So annoying that they charge $6 for a beer at a single A stadium. And $3.75 for water.

Draft saved Draft deleted