1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strangers with Candy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stupid, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Stupid

Stupid Member

Not only is the movie coming out nationwide on July 7 but Comedy Central has been showing 2 episodes every night at 2 a.m.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I never liked the show, although I like Amy Sedaris.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Never cared for it. Candy freaked me out too much.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I never heard about the show until I saw the trailer for the movie and mentioned the show. It was before I got cable in late 2001.

Amy Sedaris is a cute snicky, but the way she dressed up to play Jerri Blank scared the shit out of me when I saw the show for the first time late Tuesday on Comedy Central. Maybe if they just let her dress like a worn-out prostitute or MILFish looking 46-year old going back to high school, I would be okay with it.

I can already tell you now after watching two shows that I hate that arrogant ass stepmom on SWC.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I wanted to like it, but the way they have Amy Sedaris looking for that character is enough to give you nightmares.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Very funny, good satire. We could use more like it.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Stranger With Candy? Ehhhh. Never moved me.

Now Exit 57? With many of the same Candy ensemble, including Colbert? That was some funny shit. As was the Upright Citizens Brigade when it was on Comedy Central.

Draft saved Draft deleted