1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight Outta Compton vs. police?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Aug 17, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

But you got Gretzky the year they changed uni's.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I could never dig the crown logo. The Canucks logo from that era was pretty fugly, too

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, and that was cool for about a year. It wore off pretty quickly. Then I was left with a team that had nothing to do with the team I had rooted for all my life. A stupidly rich team in uniforms I hated, with an asshole for an owner, winning thanks to the purchase of a big chunk of the Edmonton Oilers. Plus, suddenly every gang-banging dickhead and wannabe was wearing their logo.

It didn't feel like my team was suddenly successful. It felt like my team folded.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They do have 2 more Cups with the black jerseys.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's not the junior Raiders jersey with a Chevy logo on the front. It's now black and blue with a crown.

I've mellowed a bit.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I covered the Kings back then. I never considered myself to be a great judge of human nature, but I didn't like McNall from the beginning. I couldn't figure out exactly why I didn't like him, but I know I didn't. Part of it was because he was so visible. Players bust their ass to win a game, McNall shows up in the locker room and all the TV cameras and radio geeks flock to him, ignoring the players. The old saying, if it seems too good to be true ....
    BTW, I liked the all-purple or purple pants, gold jersey look. Didn't like the all-gold. The unis now are very boring. Crownshirt was great, Chevy logo or home-plate logo are not.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  7. cjericho

Colors - great movie. The Bloods and Crips need to go back to the flannel shirts with the top button buttoned.

[​IMG]

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Fuck yooooou, Pac Man.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I grew up in a white bread neighborhood in a Canadian city.

Had never heard anyone called "Homes" in my life. After Colors came out you couldn't swing a dead cat without hearing the term being used.

Still love that movie.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Was Don Cheadle a Blood or a Crip?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

They're all wearing blue.

12. cjericho

His shirt and hat look blue.

Draft saved Draft deleted