1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strahan's "alternative lifestyle"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jun 21, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe it was the Old Spice

2. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

Strahan's wife is an evil bitch, just because he sleeps on a friend's couch, that makes him gay? Give me a friggen break. The NY papers putting their divorce all over their front pages yesterday made me sick. As a Giants fan, I won't even read that shit anymore.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He actually moved in with Jay Mariotti.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

See, now that would raise suspicion.

Jay Mariotti doesn't have any friends.

5. Never say never and not that there is anything wrong with that, but ....

Doesn't anyone find it strange he'd move into a ONE-BEDROOM APT with another guy? I mean, couldn't have stayed at a teammate's house, which may have been bigger? And, as someone pointed out, you mean Strahan doesn't have the money to live on his own?

And two heterosexual men fooling around ...yeah, that never happens :-\

I'm just sayin'...

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

On November 13, MICHAEL STRAHAN was asked to remove himself from his place of residence; that request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that some day he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his friend, Oscar Madison. Several years earlier, Madison's wife had thrown HIM out, requesting that HE never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it pretty much never happens.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's completely believable the Strahan would go live with a buddy for a while....no hotel clerks or landlords to gossip about him or call the tabloids for a quick information payday.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

You know, the distasteful aspects of the ex-wife's motives in this story aside, I must admit I wondered the same thing.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not saying I believe a word of it, but "as a Giants fan" shouldn't even enter into it.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Good point.

12. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

I cannot speak on Strahan's situation, but ...

A writer at our paper -- who happens to be an African-American woman -- wrote last January about a book published in 2004 that may or may not be relevant.
    Here's an excerpt from the column:

"On The Down Low: A Journey into the Lives of ‘Straight' Black Men Who Sleep with Men” was published last year. The author, J.L. King, after much introspection, decided that it was time to put out a book that would shine a spotlight on a nasty little secret in the black community: men on “the DL.”

And considering that King led a double life for 25 years, who better to call out all the men who have been doing their women dirty than a dirt-doer himself?

“DL” stands for “down low” — meaning something out of sight or kept quiet. DL men have girlfriends or wives, yet they have sex with other men. Many DL men will say they aren't gay or even bisexual, they just want to have a no-strings-attached interlude with someone who looks like them.

Draft saved Draft deleted