1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strahan's "alternative lifestyle"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Talk about a nasty divorce...
    http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/hint_jint_hit_sack_with_doc_pal_regionalnews_marsha_kranes_and_leela_de_kretser.htm

HINT JINT HIT 'SACK' WITH DOC PAL
    A bitter Jean Strahan yesterday accused her estranged sack-star spouse of playing for the other team.

Outside court, she said that after she and the Giant split in March 2005, he shared an "alternative lifestyle" with "his best buddy," TV doctor Ian Smith.

"Michael moved in with Ian in his one-bedroom apartment for the next year," she said, after the couple's acrimonious divorce proceedings had ended for the day in Essex County Family Court. "You could say an alternative lifestyle sprouted," she added.

Asked to stop beating around the bush, Jean smiled - and was prevented from saying any more by her lawyer.
    The defensive end couldn't be reached for comment - but Smith had plenty to say.

"This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," he told The Post.

"Yes, Michael Strahan is one of my best friends, and in a time of need, when he was kicked out of his home and had no place to go, I did what any good friend would do and offered him my couch.

"At the same time, I was planning my wedding to a woman I had been dating for over 14 years, and we are happily married."

Asked to put the allegations to rest, Smith said, "Michael Strahan is very heterosexual, and I am very heterosexual."

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So anyone who gets kicked out by his wife and moves into a buddy's apartment is automatically gay?

Love how they used the words "bush" and "sprout" in the story, though.

3. Weekly writer

Weekly writer Member

Exactly Ace. Move in with a buddy and automatically called gay. Ex-wives are sick.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, the New York Post isn't any better.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mike Strahan is so ugly even gay guys wouldn't hit on him.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Consider the source of the story.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Similar story in NY Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/428519p-361365c.html

8. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

A millionaire athlete doesn't have anywhere to go?

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I wonder if it fit between the gap in Strahan's teeth.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Dammit Pope, I was just going to ask that same question.

Hell, Tiki Barber could bust through that gap.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Don't give Strahan any ideas.

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Ozzie Guillen is actually claiming that it was his couch on which Strahan slept.

They watched WNBA games and a Madonna concert together.

Draft saved Draft deleted