1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strahan vs. Reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jeff_Rake, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Re: Strahan vs. Reporter ... bizarre

I thought Strahan acted in a totally reasonable way, based on the clip.

He's pissed. I thought he was firm but fair. What's the controversy again?

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Re: Strahan vs. Reporter ... bizarre

I wish that when Strahan said that he's not negative, that a reporter would ask him what was positive about his critical comments on WFAN.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Just like Barber, Strahan's a phony.

He's the first guy to smile when things are going well. When the Giants struggle, he's nowhere to be found or he's finger-pointing or he's lecturing reporters on what their roles are.

4. Re: Strahan vs. Reporter ... bizarre

Seeing Strahan bully a woman kind of gives his ex-wife new credibility, no?

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Seems like a classic case of a story being badly misconstrued.
    Kelly read Plaxico Strahan's quotes word for word on WFAN from the other day, Plaxico responded to them, someone from Giants pr let Strahan know that Plaxico and other Giants were being asked about HIS comments, and Strahan rushed into the locker room to add his own spin. He generally speaks on Thursdays but apparently made an exception, and specifically called out Kelly for asking about HIS comments with what he called a negative tone.
    It was all about Strahan being a bully and trying to DEFUSE HIS words (which really weren't that harsh) by turning on the media. That he did so while spitting bits of hotdog everywhere made it all the more bizarre.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Strahan knew exactly what he was doing. Instead of tomorrow's headline being that "Strahan takes on Plaxico" , It will be "Strahan takes on the media".

Its just too bad Luppy was not in front row so bit so hot dog would have been bouncing off his glasses.

7. Re: Strahan vs. Reporter ... bizarre

I still don't see that as bullying. Maybe I'm missing something?

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If it's not bullying, telling her to come look at him in the eyes while asking the question and doing so in a forceful manner comes fairly close.

9. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

It most certainly was Strahan being a bully, and not because she's female, but because he knew she wasn't going to fight back and make herself the story. Notice he didn't expand or explain his original comments, just berated her for several minutes for using the wrong "tone". The video makes it appear she was hiding behind the pack, when anyone who's ever been in the Giants locker room knows it's almost impossible to get near Strahan when he stands in the corner. Most every reporter is in "the back."

And good lord AF, what do you look like? Please send an image so we'll know whether to take you seriously.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I hate saying this because I'm all about equality and what not ... but I have to wonder ... would he have done this to a guy?

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Here ya go, moron...

[​IMG]

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He's a big enough piece of shit that it would not have mattered if it was male, female or martian. Michael Strahan was going to embarrass someone.

Draft saved Draft deleted