1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stopping by Loudon (N.H.) on a Thunderstorm-scary Weekend

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Jun 27, 2008.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Anyone else enjoying the atmosphere in Loudon this weekend?

Anyone planning any bashes? Let's put a mini SJ convention together and trash a hotel room or two.

God bless NASCAR weekend in the Granite State.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Never been there, but have heard the traffic going into Loudon on a weekend like this is something this. A nice crawl ...

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Not bad Thursday or Friday. Saturday is a little slower, but Sunday absolutely sucks.

I'll normally either get up here from my home in Massachusetts at like 5 a.m. to avoid traffic, or I'll bypass the main exit off 93 (Exit 15E) and head up to Exit 20 where I'll hit the Tilton Diner for Sunday breakfast buffet and then head to the track the back way from there. That seems to be a stressless ride into the track. Plus the buffet is wonderful for my belly. Of course with my current diet I'm trying to avoid eating grease and or too much of anything that's yummy. I may have to let that slide this weekend.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I live in New Hampshire, and trust me, it'll be a crawl. If I-93 still has construction going on between the Concord and Loudon exit ramps, it'll be a long day for everyone. The atmosphere should be an interesting one to track, but at the writing of this response it's very, very humid.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dude, tomorrow, drive back toward Vermont and stay at the Coolidge Hotel in White River Junction. When you're high, drunk, whacked out, the hallway rugs'll make you think you're in The Shining.

Draft saved Draft deleted