1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stillers Fans at DEFCON 1- Big Ben Accused Again (Update- No Charges Filed)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, that certainly is reason to string 'em both up.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Trey was responding to a post speculating Roethlisberger's actions hadn't cost the NFL in any way. He gave related anecdotal evidence. What is it you always say about reading comprehension?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The point is whether it is enough to even be worth considering. It isn't. But hey, don't let the fact that you don't understand my point keep you from attacking it. Why change an approach that has been failing miserably for you since the day of your SportsJournalists.com rebirth?

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Always nice when the officer (supposed impartial investigator) makes derogatory comments about the victim:

Blash is the only officer who interviewed the quarterback. He acknowledged in an interview with investigators that he made some derogatory comments about the alleged victim to other officers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/04/16/roethlisberger.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

5. Why would they investigate a rape or a crime?
    You leave the rape investigation to you the folks who you know, do that stuff for a living. The best they would too is maybe talk to the DA?
    What sort of powers do NFL investigators have in the real world? A DA would legally discuss a potential rape case with some schmuck who is NFL investigator? Wouldn't that violate Rapistberger's rights or criminal case ethics?
    Would a DA or the cops talks to an investigator from Boeing or Charles Schwab?

As been said by the DA there isn't enough to charge Rapistburger, but there's a shitstorm worth of public opinion to rally 'round a suspension.

Rapistburger is a POS and whatever punishment he gets from the NFL and Steelers suits me. I can deal with a few years of mediocrity if the Rooneys ship his ass to Cleveland, St. Louis or Oakland.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Don't say I didn't warn you.

He likes to talk shit,
    even though he sucks at it
    Comprehension is a chore
    He's a great, colossal bore

It's poo
    Oh, poo

He's confused by 2 plus 2
    He can barely tie his shoes
    His favorite meal? Elmer's Glue

It's poo
    Oh, poo

So what's a boy to do
    With the brain of a kangaroo
    Who's in love with Polamalu (Polamalu!)

It's poo
    Oh, poo

Well he's really full of shit
    And well that kinda fits
    'Cause he's a big 'ol sack of goo,
    and that's why, oh, that's why
    everybody, everybody
    calls him poo

It's true!

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Seems like you are looking for any reason to NOT string Ben up.

Whatever. The huge dip in jersey sales remain an example of the league losing money, however insignificant said figure is in the grand scheme of things. It still counts.

Other than the beef jerky, I don't know much about Ben's other local business endeavors. Did No. 1 Cochran drop him? No matter how you spin this, the guy most certainly would've been let go from his deal if he was hawking Buicks or Gatorade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.