1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still think Texas has never executed anyone who was innocent?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, May 15, 2012.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Let's flip the question, hulk: How many innocent men is it OK to execute in order that 100 guilty men die? You clearly think it's >0.

1? 2? 50?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No love for the Chicago Tribune story on this -- from six years ago:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-tx-1-story,0,942752,full.story

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it's right, but I think a lot of people are ok with the flaws in the system because, even when there are mistakes, they don't usually involve upstanding citizens.

So, if a guy like Carlos De Luna is put to death, no one is going to lose a lot of sleep.

Not enough people are going to care when it's Carlos De Luna who's accidentally put to death. It's a shame, but he's not a great poster child.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I support the death penalty, but I don't support lazy, incompetent prosecutors.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He was put to death for a crime he didn't commit.

Sufficient for the poster.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think you have a system and no system is perfect and the goal should be to make sure that the system is as close to perfect as possible and there are clearly some flaws that need to be fixed.

But some son of a bitch, like this fuckhead from Pittsburgh who murdered his partner in a Brinks truck and then took off with $2.5 million, who is clearly guilty and had no thought of taking another man's life, should be killed.

Period.

These fuckheads who brutally rape women and it is proven with DNA evidence that it was them - should be killed.

Period.

And not only should they be killed, it should be as painful and heartless as fucking possible.

Fuck these assholes.

I'm so sick and tired of all of the excuse making and social working we do in this country for criminals who are criminals, not because they are down on their luck or because mommy didn't hold them long enough, but because they are degenerate, low life assholes.

Fuck them.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think zag really believes people who don't get the death penalty are freed from prison.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Carlos De Luna was clearly guilty, as far as the justice system was concerned.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm with Zag.

100 percent.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Life in prison isn't a sufficient punishment?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So you don't like it for the guilty or the really guilty, but for the really REALLY guilty it's still OK?

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Only if the motherfuckers are put in a cell with bubba and get violated and the fuck beat out of them every fucking day.

Draft saved Draft deleted