1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steven Curtis Chapman's son hits, kills 5-year-old sister with SUV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deskslave, May 21, 2008.

1. I don't either. I made my point and I'll let it go.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I started it. My apologies.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I've been busy otherwise and not on board most of the day, so I just saw this exchange between Football_Bat, three_bags_full and DemoChristian.

I write this not to thread-jack, either, but simply to respond to the query, because I feel like I should.

Please know that I didn't write what I did about SUVs as a heavily qualified expert citing specific numbers.

It is just a personal belief, based on anecdotal evidence that I've seen, read and heard about enough to hold it, that I think has at least some merit.

I expressed my opinion as a big fan of contemporary Christian music, as somebody who believes in green, as someone who has never made a lot of money and is completely outraged at gas costs and waste, and also, as somebody who remembers when a nearby neighborhood mother backed over and killed her 3-year-old with an SUV in the family's driveway because she hadn't seen the child as she pulled out of the garage.

Panicked and hysterical, she called the fire department. Her husband and his unit responded, only to find...well, you get the picture.

Other than that, I have nothing in particular that qualifies me to express anything about this subject, and it is strictly ironic that I drive, yes, a 2001 Corolla.

As I said, it was just an opinion, much like so many other posts around here. As far as expressing it, I'm not the least bit sorry -- except for the Chapmans.

And you're both right. Let's all let it go.

4. YOU LET IT GO!

Draft saved Draft deleted