1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Williams Fired?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gandhithegreat, Jun 21, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You should. I'd take umbrage at someone trying to pick up my sack and carry it for 4 1/2 hours.

2. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

4 1/2 hours is much too long for 1 holes. If you get an early tee time with nobody in fornt of you and can keep it in play, 2 1/2 is plenty. And one day, if I'm fortunate to play in Scotland, perhaps I'll have my first caddy who will teach me humility and appreciation for the game.

3. Scribe...

I didn't say anything about turning him into Tiger or Phil...I said a top 10 player. That's well within the realm of possibility for a Jaidee type player.

Another good example is the late Steve Duplantis. That guy was on the sack for several first-time victories. Steve just had a knack for what he was doing. Unfortunately he had a knack for burning the candle at both ends also and paid the ultimate price.

But he was a great caddie.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So'd this motherfucker get fired or what?

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My guess is no ing way, if more than 24 hours after the fact one of the legit golf outlets doesn't have it.

With all that Tiger's been through, are you really firing one of the most loyal guys in your inner circle for a bad club or two? The man has proved himself to be dumb but, between the ropes, he's not that stupid.

6. "Don't read much into the apparent disagreement between Tiger Woods and Steve Williams on the 10th hole Sunday. While there was some question as to whether Woods should hit his approach right at the flag, he didn't blame Williams for the ensuing bogey. Woods knows the problem was his ball-striking, not how Williams thought he should play that hole." -Brian Wacker, pgatour.com

I know what I heard and it's not the same thing this guy heard.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Where exactly did you hear it? Were you standing next to Tiger and Steve?

8. you mean like this guy?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I couldn't care less that Wacker wrote. You made a statement. So where you were that you "heard" something different.

10. I was bein at the TV in front of

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

So Tiger saying "we made three mental mistakes and all it cost us was the Open," means you KNOW Wacker is wrong?
    I'd say not you or anyone else has any idea what three mental mistakes Tiger was talking about or whether he was blaming Williams or not.

12. I thought you didn't care what Wacker wrote?

Draft saved Draft deleted