1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Williams Fired?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gandhithegreat, Jun 21, 2010.

1. I don't see this on anything more credible yet.

2. CR19

CR19 Member

I haven't even seen anyone mention this yet. It wouldn't be a complete surprise, but I doubt that this report has anything behind it.

3. Tiger's comments were a bit bizarre with regard to Williams and there's some chatter among players and caddies, but I havn't see anything, not even speculation, on other sites.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Wouldn't surprise me if the dickhead was fired but doesn't Tiger let a college buddy carry the bag once a year?

5. Yeah that's right he does. In fact, the last time might have been overseas and that's where some of the mistress hubbub started.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

His whole "We made three mental mistakes, and all it cost us was the open" comment didn't exactly sound like everything was peachy.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He threw Stevie under the bus after the final round of the Masters a few years back.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Getting thrown under the bus is part of every caddie's job.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Tiger should play without a swing coach AND a caddie. Very old school. He could get a pull cart.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I think we all know what Tiger's problem is, and it ain't the caddy.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, what does Steve know, and how much would Tiger have to pay him to keep his mouth shut if he fired him?

Or do we think he's already signed some sort of iron clad confidentiality agreement?

Draft saved Draft deleted