1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Stone to do White Sox radio color

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Just announced. Great move.

Is there any Sox fan who won't turn down the TV and listen to the radio instead this year?

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

"Fuck You, Stoney"

"Oh.......Happy 50th Anniversary to Paul and Jean Quigley of Carbondale.....here's the 2-2 to Sandberg.....Hey Arne, isn't your 50th anniversary tomorrow?........swung on and missed, and the side is retired........"

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Is Sutcliffe bringing beers?

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Over/under on times per day he blasts the Cubs on-air has been set at 4.5.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I've posted this before, but of all the baseball color men that have ever lived, there are many that I have enjoyed. But Tony Kubek and Steve Stone are the only ones I've learned something from while watching a game.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, but nothing beats Jimmy Piersall's comeback on Harry years ago, when they got into an on-air argument about hit-and-run strategy and Harry said, "Aw, you're crazy, Jimmy."
    To which Piersall replied, "Not any more, Harry ... and I've got the papers to prove it."

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Listening to Cubs Baseball has never been the same since Harry Caray and Steve Stone left.

RIP to both.

One went to heaven (Caray)
    One went to hell (Stone going to Comiskey)

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mike Marshall is out of the lineup today. He's back in LA getting some cocaine for his foot.

That's novocaine Harry.

9. rube

rube Active Member

I could really ... REALLY do without baseball color analysts on the radio.

Just give me Ernie Harwell flying solo and I'll be fine.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Once Harry moved eight miles north, it was amazing he didn't short the mike at Wrigley by drooling into it. St. Louis and the Sox got the best of Harry . . . he became a caricature of himself at Wrigley.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

True, Ben. But the lesson, as always, is that being a caricature pays. Except if you're Hawk Harrelson. I mean, there are limits.

12. rube

rube Active Member

Fuck's sake I was going to mention that douchebag but I forgot. Any word on if Stone will add "murdering Harrelson" to his duties as the Sox new radio color guy?
    I can honestly say, that growing up near Detroit with a WGN signal on my TV -- Hawk Harrelson is one of the main reasons why I can't stand the Chicago White Sox. There are others, but he's in the top 3 I'd say.

Draft saved Draft deleted