1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Smith: Hall of Famer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Aug 10, 2015.

1. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

I never said anything about Ray Lewis until the Illiterate Twosome arrived. Your imagination is running away with you again. Maybe you're either overloaded from the Royals win and its effect on your myriad, ultraflawed baseball theories, or you're still in mourning over Le'Veon Bell.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

You brought up Smith not being ahead of Urlacher, saying Smith wouldn't be ahead of Urlacher unless voters focus hard on Urlacher's last couple seasons when he was injured. You threw in a line about LT, which was complete nonsense because Urlacher is not in the same conversation. Saying the last couple of injury-plagued seasons is also bs. He started 16 games in 2011 and 12 in 2012 his final season. So I'll try to learn how to read through your bs.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You were the one who started dismissing people's opinions as hero worship. I poked a little fun at you for that and you respond with three consecutive posts attacking others. Then you want to tell us Lawrence Taylor couldn't have done what Brian Urlacher did? Talk about hero worship.

That you included two unrelated points in your attack on me simply shows you can't win on topic. But just for fun, I'll point out that the Royals were in the middle of the pack in payroll in MLB this season, so their victory fits into my points about MLB just fine, at least to those who understand my point of view. Perhaps you just don't understand. Or perhaps you just wanted very badly to find a way to attack me.

Also, I didn't bring up Lewis because of anything you said about him. I brought him up to help me make fun of your dismissal of cjericho's post because the idea of me seeing Ray Lewis as a hero would be pretty funny.

And your assertion that Taylor couldn't do what Urlacher did is just comical. It was Urlacher who couldn't do what Taylor did. Taylor could make plays at the point of attack. He could cover. He could do everything you could ask of a linebacker. Did he rush more often than Urlacher? Absolutely. He was better at it. When you have a dominant pass rusher, you let him go after the quarterback. Urlacher was a converted safety, so the Bears defensive scheme was a perfect fit for him. Taylor was the best player on the field most of the time, so any system was a fit for him.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

To be fair to Yorks, he wasn't putting Urlacher in the same conversation with LT. He was countering Alma, who said that Smith would go in ahead of Urlacher. To illustrate his point, York pointed out that Urlacher was everything you could want an LB to be, without the off-field headaches that someone like LT would give you. In other words, Urlacher's on-field production comes with no off-field baggage that can detract from his candidacy and, as such, he'd get in ahead of Steve Smith.

It wasn't difficult to follow.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't, but look at the following posts. He DID try to compare Urlacher favorably to Taylor on the field. I was mostly commenting on how silly it was to dismiss cjericho's post as a fanboy thing.

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. YorksArcades

When? After the posts that created an argument I never made? Aside from the snide stuff, I actually agree with a lot of what is being said. Except that it's really obvious, so you sound sort of idiotic proclaiming it like it's inside knowledge. OF COURSE Taylor was a better pass rusher. I never claimed otherwise.

But idiocy is not new for you. See also: All NFL discussions not about the Steelers; most discussions about the MLB economic system.

I am still not sure what confused you and the other poster. Really puzzled about this one.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  7. cjericho

Especially when I am not a Giants fan either.

8. YorksArcades

Show me where. I said Urlacher played in a different system and had many different responsibilities.

Your illiteracy -- a common millstone -- is weighing you down.

9. cjericho

You call other people illiterate and do not even remember the bs that you posted? You said "your hero LT." Yeah I think he is the best LB I ever saw, so he is my hero. Got it.

10. YorksArcades

In response to another post. Did you read any of the thread? Signs point to no.

Urlacher did start those games, but he was injured in stretches of those seasons (and possibly the previous season) and not really the same player.

Again, I don't recall saying Urlacher missed games. You're really good at reading things that aren't there.

11. YorksArcades

I'm not even sure what you're arguing about now, and I'm not even sure you know.

You've concocted so much B.S. here that I think you've confused yourself.

12. cjericho

No. That was your bs. You said LT was my hero. Guess Barry Bonds is my hero also since he is the best hitter I ever watched play.

Draft saved Draft deleted