1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stephanopoulos to Join ‘Good Morning’

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And apparently, Chris Cuomo was so pissed by G. Steph getting Diane's seat this that he requested -- and got -- a new gig out of it as well. He'll take over hosting "20/20."

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This thread puzzles me. Who cares what this vapid little twit does with his career? Hosting GMA is like having one of the pillars of American power, Walt Disney Co., certify you as America's palace eunuch.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've watched those shows (usually after a long, long night) and other than having something on in the morning, really don't understand what the big deal is. I'm surprised these shows haven't moved back an hour. Don't know many people who aren't in the car going to work or school in the morning by 7:30 a.m., which is why most local stations now have a bigger AM staff than they have a PM staff.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So did anyone watch? (I never do.)

Article says they talked politics and discussed the business side of the Tiger Woods story at the top of the show (isn't the first hour usually more "real" news before they settle into the fluff in the second hour?), but he didn't avoid the light stuff on his first day either.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Saw bits of it. It was pretty uncomfortable, and it's really noticeable that he barely comes up to her shoulder.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's funny you mention George's lack of height. While I don't think it's a "real" problem - I think of how networks like trotting their big timers around the world and talking to people, I think of Cronkite in Nam, Rather and Brokaw at the Berlin Wall, Jennings on 9/11, there is a certain gravitas that comes with being tall and having your clothes hang a certain way. Don't know if George needs better tailors, (somehow Pacino and Tom Cruise seem to look tall on screen) but he still looks like a kid in his first suit. And I'm sure the affiliate meetings are going to be great with him looking up to most people.

And I say this as a guy who isn't six feet.

Draft saved Draft deleted