1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Step up to the plate, movie trivia buffs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SouthPaw, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

This sounds like a good guess ...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Spnited saw all three when they were first run...

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

That's right... I was thinking Holiday Inn, which is a better movie

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Much better.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

White Christmas takes place in Vermont. I'm sure Vermont is in some version of a Tri state area, like Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. But not the New York, New Jersey, Conn Tri-State area that those of us with a NY-centric view of the universe beleive.

6. heyabbott

VistaVision is different than technicolor. VistaVision refers to the panoramic view of the film and has little to do with color. IMDB says it was in technicolor AND filmed in VistaVision.

7. SouthPaw

SouthPaw New Member

Well I ended up going with mpcincal's guess of none of them being in/released in theaters on Christmas Day. I was thinking about that earlier, but according to IMDB It's a Wonderful Life premiered in NYC around the 21st or so of Dec. But I guess it wasn't released widely until Jan. 7.

White Christmas was released in October, and Miracle was released, quite logically, in May.

Sounds like we have to wait until Friday to find the answer. And quite frankly, unless the prize is a day off, I really don't care if I win.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So the HR people started this eh?

You just know they'll bring this up later, saying you guys should be working, instead of trying to figure out this answer.

:D

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obviously the cable TV networks never got the memo, since they pepper the schedule with really lame-ass Christmas movies in July and August. WTF!??

10. heyabbott

Dec 16 8PM EST on NBC: It's A Wonderful Life. For those of you who do not own the DVD

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

"I'm giving everybody wings."

[​IMG]

Sheldon Leonard as Nick. Became far more famous (and, I'm assuming, a helluva lot richer) as the producer of "The Danny Thomas Show," "The Dick Van Dyke Show," "The Andy Griffith Show" and "I Spy."

12. "We serve hard drinks to people who want to get drunk fast, and we don't need any characters around to give da joint atmosphere. Ya get me, or do I have to slip ya my left for a convincer?"

Draft saved Draft deleted