1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steelers cut Joey Porter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Just saw it on ESPNEWS

2. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07060/766095-100.stm

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

He's a fag.

;) Hi, Oz!

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Um, not sure why the homophobic reference there.

Re: Porter, that sucks. I like the guy, even if he does run his mouth just a lot too much.

5. dawgpounddiehard

Didn't he call Winslow that homophobic reference last season?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So much for rebounding right back up with the AFC's elite. Let the full-on rebuilding begin.

This pretty much clinches that the Steelers will be playing Tomlin's 4-3, sit-in-the-zone and get schredded underneath all day defense by 2008 at the latest.

7. dawgpounddiehard

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I hope the Seahawks sign him. If they did then maybe that would mean the end of Jerramy Stevens' time in Seattle.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

joey p. isn't nearly the player he thinks he is or that steelers fans believe he is. he's been good, not great. :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Not sure if I get that connection.

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I'm far from a Steelers fan, but he could play. And it's funny, he didn't seem to talk so much junk when the Steelers were losing, only when they were whipping up on the Browns.

Winslow doesn't like it? Beat them. Maybe Porter wouldn't talk so much then.

It'll be interesting to see where he winds up.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Before the 2006 Super Bowl Stevens and Porter got into it and Stevens showed what a pussy he is, I'm assuming they wouldn't get along as teammates. Stevens is a free agent now and I am hoping the Seahawks won't resign him.

Draft saved Draft deleted