1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steele gives 11 a shot at 2012 NC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dpfunk78, Jul 9, 2012.

1. dpfunk78

dpfunk78 Guest

They include Bama, FSU, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Stanford and Texas.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2012/July12/DBJuly9.html

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Southern California will be the best team in the Pac-12. Just as it was at the end of last season.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't USC bowl eligible this season?

I think it will be SEC Champion vs. USC in the title game.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't even fathom on what basis Stanford makes that list. They lost Luck, his top receiver and two offensive linemen in the first 42 picks.

5. micropolitan guy

Yes, SC is bowl-eligble again.

6. Mizzougrad96

People said the same thing about Tennessee after Manning left, but I agree that Stanford will not be nearly as good as it was when Luck was there...

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Tennessee had a damn fine defense that year. Stanford's defense sucked balls in '11.

8. micropolitan guy

Stanford also plays USC in week 3. The earlier the better for SC, as Stanford will be breakin gin a new QB and as others have pointed out, many other first-time starters ad offense. And Stanford plays at Oregon, a pretty tough place to win.

I expect the Cardinal to drop down to their customary position of mediocrity to outright sucking in the Pac-12.

9. Mizzougrad96

Southern Call will win by three touchdowns.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Agreed. USC should have Stanford's spot on that list.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Stanford's traded touchdowns with the best of them the last two seasons ... as long as they were just trading. Look at the Oregon games the last couple of years and the Ducks just overwhelmed them in the second half.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I agree with Bama being included, but I don't see it happening this year. But pray tell what has Texas done lately to be on that list?

Draft saved Draft deleted