1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stay Classy Lindsay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Mark Garagos has advise for Linds...

If the jail sentence wasn’t the correct way to help Lindsay’s situation, then we cant help but think if her sentence was too harsh?

Famed attorney Mark Geragos admitted, “I think it was more than a little bit too harsh. I think it was over the top. The idea, and I will say that again with great deference to Judge Revel who I know and love... the idea that she got 90 days in jail plus 90 days in a rehab center for basically coming late to court and missing her weekly appointments even though she was schedule to finish her alcohol program on time is an outrage.

Frankly the most a judge could have given her is a year or a year and a half. If she had refused probation, if I was her I would have refused probation and just told her to go pound sand your honor and I am going to do my time. For a year, the sheriff will let you out in about six days.”

With this in mind its obvious that Lindsay being a celebrity did not work towards her benefit. “I think being a celebrity caused her these problems," said Geragos. “She would not be doing this kind of sentence, this harshly, and would not have this attention drawn to her if she wasn’t a celebrity.”

Unfortunately her celebrity status will not help her out of jail on a earlier term. Geragos admits, ”If she was Lindsay Smith or Lindsay Jones, no, she would be out in 8 hours. Given Paris Hilton’s experience I would not bet or wouldn’t even be able to predict it. I will tell you that the 90 day rehab does mean she has to do the 90 days.”

Mark represented Winona Ryder, who in December of 2001 was arrested for shoplifting from the Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills, says Lindsay will have her comeback. “I have been with many celebrities who have gone through this and knock on wood every almost every single one I have represented has made a tremendous comeback,” he assured.

Time will unveil if Lindsay Lohan will get her comeback. Until then we hope she can make it through her check in and check out times at Hotel Hell!
    http://www.hollyscoop.com/lindsay-lohan/lindsay-lohan-set-to-enter-cell-hell_24416.aspx

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, Ryder has had a huge comeback.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hey, she was awesome for the 40 seconds she was in "Star Trek" before they killed her off.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So she stole a scene, too?

5. Deeper_Background

I guess Linds won't be promoting Machete after all :(

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Link please... :)

7. Deeper_Background

8. I think you may be gay.

NTTAWWT

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Is that Nava in your avatar?

10. Deeper_Background

Thursday, July 15th 2010
    Former OJ Dream Teamer Robert Shapiro Is Lindsay Lohan's New Lawyer
    [​IMG]
    Long Island's very own Grand Dame (the "e" is silent) of Delusion Dina Lohan recently complained that the media is turning her child's situation into another OJ Simpson trail. So White Oprah and Lindsay Lohan are distancing themselves from that comparison by hiring OJ's former fucking lawyer ROBERT SHAPIRO! "If the mom & dad ain't fit! You must acquit!" - Shapiro channeling Cochrane

I swear. White Oprah's last remaining brain cell is a runaway white Bronco that just doesn't stop. It runs out of gas and it keeps going. It crashes into the center divider, but it just backs up, shifts into drive and keeps on...

Sources tell TMZ that Lindsay Lohan has hired Robert Shapiro as her new lawyer, but he's not going to appeal the 90-day jail sentence Judge Marsha threw at her FU nail. Robert is going to try to convince Judge Marsha to put LiLo into rehab instead of jail. Robert's son died of a drug overdose a few years ago, so he has a lot of experience with rehab facilities. Robert already has his eye on a certain rehab clinic for LiLo.

Wait. If LiLo is completely sober then why would she need to go to rehab at all? Here's a quote from Enabler the Great in this week's InTouch Weekly: "Lindsay is sober, yes. She went to rehab before the court ordered her. When I put my daughter in rehab, I knew she needed it. In 2007 — not currently. Lindsay actually wants to open up her own rehab center here (in Los Angeles) and a couple across the country to help other kids and celebs so they don’t fall through the cracks in this town. She mentioned it to me a couple of days ago. She’s really growing up.” I'm just going to let that quote kick itself.

http://www.dlisted.com/node/38039

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted