1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stay classy, Blackwater USA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The world's largest mercenary security company is asking a Florida judge to use Islamic Shari’a law to decide the fate of a lawsuit filed by families of workers killed in plane crash in Afghanistan ...

http://www.newsobserver.com/front/story/1112843.html

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Wow. Incredible.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Scum.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Seriously...words can't even describe the feelings I encountered when reading this.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Disgraceful.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Prince might have locked up hypocrite of the year with this move.

He's an ultra-conservative Christian who relishes the battle against radical Islam. Yet now, because his company might lose the case, he's seeking protection under the very laws he wishes to wipe from the Earth.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That Prince is a real piece of work. I assume he follows Shari'a law himself when he is in Afghanistan.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Wow. When I first read that (without reading the above link), I thought "WTF is Prince doing messed up with Blackwater????? Is he touring Afghanistan?"

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

there's a special place in hell already reserved for blackwater people. nice to see it took widows to go to court for there to be any sanctions against this company for incompetence. where was the u.s. gov't in taking any action whatsoever against blackwater? nowhere. borders on evil.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

These people are disgusting. God knows how many innocent Iraqis they've killed, or how many American soldiers they've gotten killed because of their profiteering or because of downright incompetence.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Utterly ridiculous. First, Presidential wants U.S. law applied (soldiers not allowed to sue the U.S. government and that a court should not interfere in military matters). Then, when that argument gets shot down (no pun intended), now they want to apply Afghanistan's law? Bunch of hypocrites.

And according to Prince's stupid logic, if a plane were to crash in the ocean, families would have to sue the ocean, since the plane landed there.

Hopefully, the judges will toss these arguements out, and the Presidential will get bitch-slapped for millions.

Draft saved Draft deleted