1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State Track:

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Mar 7, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thanks for the clarification.

2. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Lexington Paul Dunbar HS held State last year and will do so again this year.

I've covered State four times (three at UK, one at Dunbar) and I prefer Dunbar.

Although I can see where the kids think it is "beneath" them to have State at a high school instead of the state's flagship institution.

But I think U of L will be a nice host site in the future, and Western Kentucky is upgrading its facilities and putting in a bid as well.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I keep reading the title of this thread thinking it's something on Star Trek. silly me.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ha! I thought I was the only one doing that.

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

It's also always the same weekend as the Byron Nelson, meaning I never get to go hang out at the world's largest outdoor singles bar.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Friday at the Pavillion is a sight to behold. A true celebration of the breast implant.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Paul Dunbar is a way beter facility to host than even UL. Plenty of parking and good facilities. The parking situation and the numbre of kids and tents and all that at Louisville will be interesting.

The worst thing about the Ohio state trsasck meet is the people that work there are complete assholes. But having it at Columbus instead of Dayton was a good move.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Michigan has eight divisions (four boys, four girls) at different sites within the Grand Rapids metro area. One division (boys and girls) is at Grand Valley State, and so forth.

It's not quite a cluster fuck being split up, but you have to make sure you have four reporters available. And there's usually baseball/softball districts that day, along with tennis and golf state finals.

9. azom

azom Member

Actually, Wyoming's is all at Kelly Walsh High School. Right city, wrong school.

At least there's always a chance for snow. That's always fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted