1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State of the Union Address

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

that training center lady from Charlotte should have gotten her hair cut. It kept falling in her face.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Straight from the lobster banquet, I'm sure.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Isn't that stimulating the economy?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hopefully more titans follow the Master Lock example:

http://news.change.org/stories/reverse-outsourcing-how-master-lock-is-bringing-jobs-home

"In a surprising and hopeful reversal of this trend, Master Lock, based in Milwaukee, has started bringing some manufacturing jobs from China back to the United States. Master Lock never completely shut down their manufacturing facility in Milwaukee (which has been operating since 1921) when they moved most of the 1,300 jobs to China and Mexico in the early 1990s. And it is a good thing because they have just brought about 3 dozen jobs back to Milwaukee, bringing the total number of people working at the plant to 379. And the best part? These jobs are unionized, which means decent pay, good benefits, and respect on the job."

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

John Boehner reiterates that Obama is un-American.

"This is a president who said I'm not going to be a divider, I'm going to be a uniter, and running on the policies of division and envy is—to me it's almost un-American," said Boehner.

Sorry. Almost un-American.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What does Boehner pay for his suits?

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You think he pays for those?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The way he smokes, I'd bet his dry cleaning bills are the bigger expense.

Draft saved Draft deleted