1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State of the Union Address

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jan 28, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Will you watch?
    Can Bush say anything to make anyone happy?
    Will Obama and Hillary be there for their close-ups?

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

1) Most definitely yes.

2) I'm sure he knows how to say the things that would make me happy but he won't.

3) Of course. But I am not really expecting to see McCain.

I expect there to be a lot of mentions about making the taxes permanent. I also expect there to be mentions about terrorist threats and security.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Does anyone think he might give an endorsement as to whom his successor should be?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Drinking game?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Umm, no.

That would be known as the kiss of death. None of the Republicans would want him to.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

See, that's what I was thinking. So he'll probably endorse Clinton.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

1) No, I'll get angry
    2) "I hereby resign..."
    3) Yes, any facetime is good time.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not at the SotU. He may take shots at the Democrats, but I can't see him using that platform for a primary endorsement. I can also imagine that none of the Republicans actually want his endorsement right now.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This about sums it up for me.

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Has a President, either party, ever used a State of the Union Address to endorse a candidate while the nomination was still up in the air? I can't remember it happening.

I'll watch, for a while.

He might say something that will make me scratch my head, but I doubt that he'll inspire roars of shoe-throwing indignation in me.

Obama and Hillary will be there. Hillary will have that look on her face that causes shrinkage in Democrat and Republican men alike.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Now that's something I can get behind. If you really want to get drunk, finish your drink every time Dubya says "national security."

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Do a shot every time he says Nukular.

Draft saved Draft deleted