1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starter jackets coming back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I could have sworn the Pats had a presser this year where Belichick was wearing the old Reebok sweatshirt even though the NFL has switched over to Nike.

2. I would argue they never left.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Does he look like Lee Majors in that pic? Just me?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The answer to the question in this ad is "Get the hell out of Cleveland"

5. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Funny. Not true. The dead asshole never fucks up his finances and investments and bails himself out by bailing out on Cleveland, and Belichick and his crew of rising stars wins at least one Super Bowl on the shores of Lake Erie. If the dead asshole is voted into the Hall of Fame, I'll go and spit on his bust.

I was 11 when news broke the team was on the way out, most important age for sports fandom. Not bitter. Not at all.

EDIT: Also, I owned a half-zip Magic Starter in 1992 and a front-snap Indians dugout Starter in 1997. Wore them until I rubbed the elbows bare.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I had a few of these along with the Apex pullovers

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Maybe they can bring back DJ Jazzy Jeff to do the commercials. It's not like he's doing anything these days:

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At least you got a team back.

Sundays from September to January are lonely for long-ago LOS ANGELES Rams diehards.

[​IMG]

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I was the same age at the time. Crushed by it. I don't want to hijack this into a Browns discussion (because I'm sure all of four people are interested) but the only reservation I had about where Bellichick had the franchise before Modell moved it was my question of whether Testaverde really could've won a Super Bowl. He was very good in the late 1990s and Saban had built a hell of a defense before he left for East Lansing, but I just don't know if Testaverde could've gone into a playoff game and outplayed Elway in the late 1990s. I guess we'll never know, but it would've been pretty crazy if the Browns had stayed around and been a perennial playoff team with Elway once again standing in their way.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

More than just a jacket. It was also a geography lesson.

[​IMG]

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This "Browns would've won the Super Bowl had Belichick stayed" revisionist history, spawned in large part by that NFL Network special this past fall, is 100 loads of nonsense.

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I never felt the Browns in the mid-1990s were destined to win a Super Bowl. I do think they were set up to be a perennial playoff team, which means you have a puncher's chance at a Super Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted