1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Start-up business ideas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bullwinkle, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The first million dollars is always the toughest.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Do something like this.

BODERLINE UNSAFE FOR WORK

http://www.ashleymadison.com/

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

A new Little Caesar's just opened up in my area and business has been crazy since day one.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Wow. That's kind of sad.

5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

That's what I want!

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Considering the rise in for-profit universities, I compel you actually open Whatchamatta U. Credits unlikely to transfer.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've always wanted to make a company that sold modified sporting equipment. I want to play basketball on a 20-foot hoop. I want a lighter, helium-filled football I can throw 150 yards. I want a golf tee that spits the ball straight up when you stand on a button, and you swing at the ball horizontally like a baseball to tee off. I want to play tennis on a lumpy court, so you never know which way the ball will bounce. I want to play at a mini-bowl course -- like mini-golf, except for bowling (one lane per hole, with one lane involving bowling through a clown's mouth and knocking over the pins on the other side, one lane is bowling over a ledge and hitting the pins on the bottom, one involves bowling into one of several holes, with the bowling ball emerging on the far side of a wall and either coming out a strike, or off to a side; etc.)

My dad and I once attached side walls to our ping pong table and developed a new set of rules that allowed for banked shots.

So there you go. You give me a cut and I give you my permission to use my ideas.

8. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

How much do I have to pay for this one?

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Give me 5% of profits and a free lifetime pass to play.

10. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Ah, that's too steep a price.

See you in court.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Easy. Crepe stand.

Next.

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Naw. The hazard insurance premiums are killer.

Draft saved Draft deleted