1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Start my suicide watch: Fisher, Titans parting ways

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The last time I said there was no way a Nick Saban rumor could possibly be true, he wound up leaving the Dolphins for the Bama job.

I'd be stunned. I don't think he'd ever leave Bama at this point, but this is Nick Saban we're talking about.

Is there any link to any of this or is this just in the rumor stage?

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If Saban signs kids on Wednesday and leaves on Thursday I hope to hell the kids can bail on Bama if they choose without ramifications from the NCAA.

3. Mizzougrad96

Nobody would ever do something like that. - Butch Davis.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

BYH, don't click on this:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/82148-Clash-of-the-Titans-in-MS-Paint

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The fact that the Rams Club is too chickensh_t to do anything to Butch Davis in Chapel Hill is insane.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I get all excited when someone mentions BYH and suicide in the same sentence.

7. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

It took Munchak just one day to get rid of the cancer on the coaching staff.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dude. Way too soon.

9. Mizzougrad96

That was so wrong, but it made me laugh out loud.

I guarantee you it was not a coincidence that he did it so it could be buried in post-Super Bowl headlines.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

'Dinger was a finalist for the job Munchak got. No boss at any firm in America would allow his runner-up to become a part of his new staff. None.

Even so, maybe that means 'Dinger's cancer is not too serious, given that if he was only facing a few months on this mortal coil, surely Bud would have kept him employed. We can only hope.

11. Mizzougrad96

Fisher gave all his assistants extensions before he left. I'm guessing Heimerdinger will have at least two years of pay coming to him.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

After a long, exhaustive, national search, Mike Munchak hired Bruce Matthews to be the offensive line coach. No word on whether Earnest Givens has been contacted to be the receivers coach, Cris Dishman will be the secondary coach and Warren Moon will coach quarterbacks and be the pass game coordinator....... ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted