1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Start my suicide watch: Fisher, Titans parting ways

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 27, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So does just about every living human being on this planet. And a few dead ones.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

This is all Bud Adams. The ONLY reason Young was ever there was because of Adams. Fisher didn't want him. He got saddled with Adams' Texas boy. Adams waited this long for all the vacant NFL jobs to be taken to hose Fisher. If he had been fired immediately following the season, he would have been somewhere the next day. Heck, Fox got fired from a 2-win Carolina and went to a 4-win Denver in a matter of hours.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Story going around that Fisher wanted to bring his son in as a full-time coach (he helped out after 'Dinger was sidelined with cancer mid-season) and Adams went ballistic.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

If God really had a sense of humor he'd make Bud Adams hire Tony Dungy just to see if BYH's head would explode

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That partnership could never happen. Bud Adams once flipped people off. He's a heathen.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fine with me, I'm not even a Titans fan, but why do you wish such hateful shit upon TigerVols?

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

One can only hope. It is mind-boggling that Gary Kubiak is still employed as a NFL head coach.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Just a ridiculously stupid move. For any future misery that lands upon the Titans franchise, you deserve it.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing Fisher pushed for an extension and when they wouldn't give him one, asked to be fired.

He can collect his $8 million while resting up for his next job.

10. Jeff fisher is a solid NFL coach, but is he really irreplacable? The only thing I can say about him is when he had a good season, it was really good. But the rest of his career resides in mediocrity . . . more .500 and sub .500 seasons than the opposite . . . couldn't beat horseface on even a semi-regular basis (which pretty much led to the mediocrity) to the point of wearing his fricken jersey out in public as a joke that I certainly wouldn't find funny if I were a Titans fan, and only made it to the super bowl once . . . of course he was within a yard of going to OT in it. While I never understood all of the vigor displayed when they decided to let VY go, I never understood why people were so high on Fisher as well. I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I would appreciate it if someone who pays a bit more attention to the Titans than I would shed some light on the situation.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Titans would always seem to stand there and watch their best players leave during free agency. They reminded me of the way the Steelers were in the 1990s (probably not quite as good) where every year they'd lose a couple guys and somehow they'd still be competitive.

A lot of those eight-win seasons that everybody bitched about were with teams that had no business winning four games.

Yeah, he never won a Super Bowl. But I think if you had NFL GMs rank the best coaches in the NFL, Fisher would be in the top five more often than not.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

BYH wants to see you in his office. Bring your playbook.

Draft saved Draft deleted