1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbury II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 28, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Then came Tiny Archibald and Pro Keds. adidas, I recall, were the first to come out with leathers followed closely by Puma, Nike and Pony.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Pony, there's a name I haven't heard in ages.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I first took note of Adidas when DeBusschere switched to them. Walt Frazier went from Chucks to Pumas a year or so later. Bradley, Barnett and Reed stuck with the Chucks.

4. boots

boots New Member

Remember, the A is a lower case in adidas. It stands for all day I dream about sex.

5. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

PF Flyers were enjoyable.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If you came to the IS 51 courts in PF Flyers you'd get mocked faster than if you were wearing Buster Browns. The plastic-bottom sneakers they sold in the bins at E.J. Korvettes were preferable to PF Flyers.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Do you spell it, adidaas? all day i dream about ass sex?

8. boots

boots New Member

why would I spell it that way?

9. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Made the mistake of letting Mrs. P-D buy our daughter some new basketball shoes last December. They came home with a pair of Starburys.

WTF? Starburys?

She wore them to one practice and, at age 8, noted "they're too heavy. I can't run."

Now, this is a child who inherits her magnificent athleticism on the hardwood from her old man. She relies on her quickness to dominate. Anyway, took 'em back to S&B and went to pick up a pair of Nikes ASAP.

10. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Blue suede Puma Clydes, baby! That's what I'm talkin' about.

I wore them outside once when it rained and they turned my socks blue. But they looked good!

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I easily have a dozen pairs of Chucks in my closet. Would have 100 if I didn't wear them out so quickly and occasionally go through and toss them. Where's Jones, so he can make fun of my slip-on Converse All-Stars without the laces? I have 5 pairs of those, including a ratty old pair on my feet right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted