1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks thread - thank you boom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

TBF - The company is worth millions. I am not exactly wealthy. I figure when it's on them, im eating and drinking nice.

And if they say, 'eat cheaper' i just say, 'uh, i dont eat fast food because it's unhealthy.' and i dont drink soda or coffee, either ...

if you don't push back, you get rolled over.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I guess that's the difference. I've always worked for smaller companies. But even if I didn't work for nickel-and-dime, inc., I'd probably still eat the same way. I think it's just a fairness issue.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ugh. My mom bought us a super coffee/expresso maker for us at my bridal shower. Problem is I DON'T DRINK COFFEE.

Thanks mom, now I know who your favorite is.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Expound, if you would, on the maple beverage offerings. I assume there's some form of maple latte and maple hot chocolate, but are they making a new beverage featuring it (like the banana coconut frap)? Also, would the maple be a syrup that can go in any beverage? I'm suddenly drooling at the thought of a crisp late October morn with a venti maple mocha in my hand.

5. peixeiro

peixeiro Guest

Don't worry, you will be able to get your Venti Maple Mocha soon.
    In fact, you will be able to get maple topping (I've been told it's just like pancake syrup) on top of your whipped cream if you please.

Yes, the maple will be in syrup form, so you can add it to any beverage - frappuccinos, lattes, mochas, hot chocolates, drip coffee, etc.
    There will also be a Maple Macchiato (similar to the caramel macchiato), which is topped with the pancake-like syrup.
    (Note: there will be two syrups - the version that will top the drinks is a thicker kind).

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We have a Seattle's Best in the Borders cafe. Another local place in Ivy League town makes each cup fresh and has a million flavors, including a very season coffee from Jamaica. Great stuff, but never around. Wonder why.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My Charbucks's story: My wife goes in today for a skinny cappucchino (sp?) and I wind up spending $22 -- on her "coffee," a tin of mints, her Tennessean and an '80s CD. And i didn't even get anything to drink.

8. peixeiro

peixeiro Guest

Starbucks bought Seattle's Best a few years ago.
    I don't know why they just get rid of it and make everything Starbucks.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I went into the Starbucks near where I work today, Boom, and they had quite a bit of Ipanema Bourbon left. Thought of you.

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Sally Struthers could feed lots of starving children with that coffee money.

But I'll bet a lot of guys would be starving as well if they didn't have their java to get them through another day at the office.

Draft saved Draft deleted