1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks thread - thank you boom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 24, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

It came at my expense, but that made me crack up. Well-played, sir.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't drink coffee at all in the summer, but I enjoy a cup or two during the winter months. It especially makes me feel better walking across campus in January.

I usually buy folgers, but wifey's bought some Lavazza a couple of times. It's pretty good.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And this fall, Starbucks will be selling The Dwarf's new novel, "For One More Day".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...08.wstarbucksb0808/BNStory/Entertainment/home

Says Mitch:

“Over the years, I've spent many hours myself reading in Starbucks. It's a fine environment to absorb and discuss a good book. And funding literacy efforts for our nation's youngest readers — a key part of this for me — helps ensure a future where books and writers remain integral to our culture.”

4. peixeiro

peixeiro Guest

Starbucks drink news:

Anniversary Blend is returning very shortly.
    A new coffee called Pike Place Blend (named after the original Starbucks) will be introduced during the same promotion.

Pumpkin Spice drinks will return at the end of August.
    Fall Phase II will feature Maple drinks in all North American and Canadian stores (last year they were only in New England stores).
    And Cinnamon Dolce will return in early January as a permanent addition to the menu (was a promotional drink last winter).

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

To all you coffee drinkers, why do you drink it in the summer? Doesn't it make you hotter after drinking it?

I understand drinking it in the morning, but I see people gulping it down in mid-afternoon when its 95 degrees out.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I only buy Starbucks when I'm on the company dime... I used to have one a day and then I looked at my credit card bill and realized I was spending $100 a fucking month on coffee... That's just insane...

7. three_bags_full

That's about what I expect from you.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Most of the staff at my paper drink it before our 3 p.m. daily budget meeting so we can stay awake through the hour-long, meaningless chatter in the meetings.

10. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

never spend my own money on starbucks. but when i can expense ... i go with the Vanilla Bean venti. so damn good.

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

It actually cools me down with it's that hot out. Go fig.

12. three_bags_full

AF, it doesn't bother you to buy more expensive products on the company's dime?

My rule of thumb is that I wouldn't eat anywhere on the company's dime that I wouldn't pay for out of my own pocket.

Draft saved Draft deleted