1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks thread - thank you boom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 24, 2006.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Oh yes, that will be going on the registry. We're in desperate need of a new coffee maker here.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I got mine as a hand me down from the parents who used it for at least three years.

Keeps a pot very hot for more than two hours without any boiling down. Like heaven.

3. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

I don't drink coffee often these days. To me, it's like alcohol. It kind of blows the purpose of working out. I don't drink as much water as I should after coffee. But when I do, I'm a simple coffee drinker. I developed a fondness for cafe au laits in New Orleans!

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. Ready to report back. I brewed me a pot of the Ipanema Bourbon this morning. I liked it a lot. I wouldn't say it changed my life, but it was a very unStarbuck's like experience. It's really mellow and nutty tasting, not the typical strong, overroasted Starbucks kind of taste. I am actually already scheming to mix beans a little and make my own blend--maybe three or four parts Ipanema and one part Columbian dark roast to give it a little kick. Overall, I am glad I spent my $11.95, so once again, Boom, you didn't steer me wrong.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Boom is wondering why everyone else is still able to find the Ipanema B, while his Starbucks has been out of it for two months.

Maybe because he has 438 pounds of it stashed away? Had to throw away the contents of six kitchen cabinets and an entire freezer to store it all.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Someone help a Starbucks-loving LCD prole out: What's the deal with Kona, and why is it so much more expensive than other blends? I've had people say it's liquid nirvana, but why?

7. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

Holy crap, how do you live? I would be in heaven...

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Arabian Mocha Sanani. $14.95/pound + tax.

Joining this thread waaay too late...hard to keep up on the SB threads without internet at home. However, I had to at least offer the name of the other coffee, as I am a sports writer by night and a Starbucks barrista by day.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They just opened two Starbucks drive thrus within three to five miles of each other in Lexington. One is on Broadway and the other is on Versailles Road.

Frankfort, thank God, has one on the west side of town. I stop there just about every time I'm on that side of town and get something, but I don't go there every day.

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I wrote and filed a story and a notebook from a Starbucks today, while consuming (shame) a grande mocha frappuchino. No whipped cream.

Carry on.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Not reading all these posts. Here's how coffee should be: plain, strong and black.

Have fun with the quote function, fellas.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted