1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks thread - thank you boom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 24, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ha! I lived *on* Roscoe between Broadway and Halstead. I once did an informal census. I was the only straight guy in my building. The apartment was great and the rent couldn't be beat. I took the apartment over from a woman friend. When I had last minute doubts, I asked her if she thought I would be comfortable living there and her response was, "I don't know. But I surely felt safe there."

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Did you send him Timmy's?

I'm still waiting for Starbucks Canada to start importing the Double Shot. I had a couple when I was in Seattle a few years ago and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Coffee with cream in a can ... chilled. I was in heaven.
    And there's Starbucks ice cream. Has anyone tried it?

3. sportsed

sportsed Guest

TH, Starbucks, Caribou, Pantera, the locals ... none of the coffeehouses' coffee can be beat. I'm such a whore, dropping cash left and right for the stuff. Money well spent, baby.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Yup ... sent him a can of Timmy's and a couple of travel mugs for when they make the trip to Canada for refills. :D

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Not to shit on anyone's parade here, but am I the only one here who doesn't drink coffee?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No. I don't either.

I alternate between cocaine and crystal meth for my pick-me-ups.

7. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

No, I don't drink coffee either. That's funny, as I finished reading page one and clicked on the link to page two, I thought to myself, "why am I reading this? I don't even drink coffee." At least I know I wasn't the only one.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't see how anyone can survive this business without coffee.

It's wrong.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm not a big coffee drinker, either. I go for their cream-based calorie bombs frappuchinos.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've been doing it for seven years, zeke.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

yeah, but you're chasing the dragon in the company washroom, so everything's relative.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Why would I smoke opium? It's a depressant. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted